New users are created with the time zone of their supervisor unless specifically set to different values. When time zones are incorrect, they can be changed only when the hourly timesheet is empty. If there is any unarchived or unpaid time on the hourly timesheet, managers will not able able to modify the time zone.
To update a user’s time zone:
- Navigate to the Dashboard by clicking the link on the left menu.
- Click the gear wheel icon next to the user whose time zone you wish to change.
- Navigate to their Profile tab.
- Click the dropdown next to Timezone and set it to the correct time zone. It is usually recommended to check the box next to Automatically adjust for Daylight Saving Time as well.
- Hit Save at the bottom of the page to apply these changes.
If you need help modifying a time zone for an employee, please contact us for assistance.