Hourly time reports can be run for a custom selection of users, with a variety of customizable parameters, over any date range up to 366 days.
Note: This report uses unprocessed hourly time data (i.e., before any overtime or deduction calculations have been made). See below for instructions on running reports on processed data.
To use this report:
- Click Reports in the left menu.
- Click to report number 5, Customizable Timesheet Report under Other Hourly Reports.
- Using the two calendars, select the date range for the report.
- All available users and account codes will be included in the report by default. If you wish filter out any of these list items, simply un-check the box next to the corresponding Include All… option, and check the boxes to make your selections.
- All available Time Classifications will be included in the report by default. Use the individual check boxes to filter time classifications.
- The Group Report By drop-down menu controls how the report is organized. The default selection is “Employee,” which will display all of the records for each employee in their own table, each with their own separate totals. Reports can be grouped by:
- Job Title (generated using current employee titles found on the Profile tab of the employee’s settings page)
- Account Code
- None (all records shown in one table with no grouping)
- Choose whether to Include Unsigned Records and/or Include Signed Records.
- Choose whether to Include Records With Pending Alerts, Include Unapproved Records, and/or Include Approved Records.
- Choose whether to Include Open Records, Include Paid Records, and/or Include Archived Records.
- If you wish to run a report that only includes records with certain keywords in the Notes field, then those keywords can be entered into the Search Notes on Key Words text box, and the report will display only the records with matching words in their notes. Important note: Any search entered must be at least 3 characters long, and if searching for a specific keyword than the entire word must be entered. Also, other report filters will still apply.
- The Include Work Notes When Downloading option will include work notes for the downloaded Detailed PDF and Detailed Text (CSV) versions of the report. Note: Work notes are always shown when viewing the detailed report on your screen.
- The Include Page Breaks When Downloading a PDF option will separate each table/grouping (set in the Group By drop-down menu) into individual pages in the PDF document. Note: When grouped by employee, the PDF will also contain signature fields for the employee and two supervisors on each page.
- Choose your report format at the bottom of the page:
- Click the Summary or Detailed buttons next to View Report to view the report on your screen. The summary report contains only totals for each grouping, whereas the detailed report contains sortable columns for every included list item.
- The Summary PDF and Detailed PDF downloadable formats are PDF versions of the summary and detailed reports.
- The Summary Text and Detailed Text are CSV versions of the summary and detailed reports that can be opened in Microsoft Excel.
Pro Tip: when downloading to your spreadsheet, grouping by None and using the detailed text version will deliver a single, sortable table of your data.