Assign Projects and Their Bill Rates to Any User
Supervisors can decide what projects a user may use when they enter and edit time and expenses. Supervisors can also assign override bill rates and a default project for every user.
Default bill rates for each project are shown in the Default Bill Rate column for each project in the list. If the user’s hours are billed at a rate which differs from the default rate, an override rate can be set for the user. Users with a check mark in the box under the Allow Access column will be able to allocate time to that project. To adjust project list settings for a specific user:
- From the dashboard, click the gear wheel icon to the left of a user’s name.
- Navigate to the Project tab.
- If the user has a different bill rate from the default, enter the user’s personal bill rate for each project in the Bill Rate Override column.
- Use the check box list to assign access to each project by checking the boxes for appropriate projects.
- If you wish the user to have a default project, select that default in the Default Project column.
- Click Save to complete the assignments.
Note: Changes to bill rates will only affect records entered from that point forward. Existing records on the project timesheet will need to be manually edited to include the updated bill rate. See this article for instructions on updating the bill rates for a large number of existing records. (Archived records are not affected by changes to project override rates.)